M.A. or Master of Arts is a postgraduate Course. It is, generally, a broad subdivision of culture composed of many expressive disciplines. The field of arts encompasses visual arts, literature, performing arts, including music, drama, dance, film, related media etc. Master of Arts is a course or program in a particular non-scientific subject and as such provides specialized education. The program is available in various subjects including various languages such as English, Hindi, Regional Languages, Foreign Languages and various other fields of Arts. It is normally a two years program conducted over two or more Semesters depending upon the institution providing it. There are 4 or 5 Papers which one has to pass in order to acquire M.A. Masters Degree Programs in Arts involves lectures, examination, and seminars. Masters Degree in Arts is provided all over India in various Universities. The medium of Instruction and the course itself can be in English, Hindi or any other Language provided. Master of Arts Course is also available through Correspondence or Distance Education.
Master of Arts Eligibility
- The candidate applying for M.A. should have completed bachelor’s degree in respective subject with Honours B.A. (Hons).
- There are some entrance exams conducted by the colleges or universities for getting admission to M.A. The candidate should clear the exam with good marks.
- The candidate also faces personal interview. After clearing these criteria successfully, the candidate can get admission to respective university or college.
Some of Master of Arts Specialisations
- Master of Arts in Education
- Master of Arts in English
- Master of Arts in Teaching
- Master of Fine Arts
- Master of Arts in History
- Master of Arts in Geography
- Master of Arts in Philosophy
Master of Arts Syllabus
Syllabus of Arts as prescribed by various Universities and Colleges.
|Sem. No.||Subjects of Study|
|I||Numeric/Alpha Numeric Code|
|II||Numeric/Alpha Numeric Code|
|III||Numeric/Alpha Numeric Code|
|IV||Numeric/Alpha Numeric Code|
Master of Arts Colleges
- Jawaharlal Nehru University – JNU, New Delhi
- University of Pune, Pune
- Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar
- Osmania University – OU, Hyderabad
Master of Arts Course Suitability
- Master of Arts is a specialized program and is suited the best for those who want to master a particular discipline like some students have a penchant for English will try to hone their mastery of English.
- Those who really like to study for a longer period of time and those who want to have an extra Degree in his profile should pursue Master of Arts. If you are not satisfied with just a Bachelor’s Degree or consider one’s academic aspiration less worthy without a Master’s Degree can pursue this program.
- One can do this course part-time as well if one is working. It is suited most for graduates and working people with aspiration for a higher education.
How is Master of Arts Course Beneficial?
- Master of Arts Degree provides a strong academic background which is very essential for a bright career. It offers several good job opportunities throughout the world.
- Academic pursuits are a status symbol and the tag of a Masters Degree provides one the same in the corporate environment or otherwise.
- M.A. course enables one to pursue the doctoral program. The candidates successfully completing M.A. course can achieve excellent job opportunities in various fields. They can work as a teacher in school, colleges and universities provided that they have cleared some eligibility criteria.
- People with Master of Arts can pursue a career in different fields after successful completion of their course. They can assume higher positions in the field of Economy, History, Archaeology, Education, Philosophy, Political science, Public Relation, Psychology, Sociology, Philosophy, and Journalism etc.
Master of Arts Employment Areas
- Business Houses
- Educational Institutes
- Foreign Affairs
- Industrial Houses
- Law Firms
- News Media
- Public Works
- Tourism Industry
Master of Arts Job Types
- Human Resource Manager
- Labour Management Relations Specialist
- Business Consultant
- Teacher & Lecturer
- Marketing Manager
- Social Worker
Advance Courses in Master of Arts
Visit Our Institute
Contacts Us: +91 8422966604
Email At: firstname.lastname@example.org
Head Office: B-103, Laxmi Shpooing Centre, First Floor, Hirachand Desai Marg, Near New Post Office, Ghatkopar (W), Mumbai 400 086.
Malad Branch: 203 Banarasi Heritage, Near Rustamjee Elanza, mindspace, Malad (W), Mumbai 400 064.
Belapur Branch: Office No. 219, NBC Complex, Plot No.43, Sector-11,CBD Belapur, Navi Mumbai.