Bachelor in Computer Application (BCA)/Bachelor of Science in Information Technology(BSCIT) is an undergraduate degree course in computer applications. With the rapid growth of IT industry in India, the demand of computer professional is increasing day by day. This increasing growth of IT industry has created a lot of opportunities for the computer graduates.
Bachelor in Computer Application (BCA) is one of the popular courses among the students who want to make their career in the IT (Information Technology) field. The duration of the course is 3 years and divided into 6 semesters. It comprises of the subjects like the database, networking, data structure, core programming languages like ‘C’ and ‘java’. This course provides a lot of opportunities to the students who are interested in the computer field and wants to work in the IT sector as programmer or software developer. To get complete knowledge about the course and career scope, you can go through this article.
Duration & Eligibility
The BCA is an undergraduate degree course in computer applications for the duration of 3 years. After completing BCA, a student can go for MCA which is a master course in computer application and is considered equivalent to engineering course B.Tech.
The study period of BCA includes various subjects such as Programming in C Language (Basic and Advanced), Networking, World-Wide-Web, Data Structure, Advanced C Language Programming, Database Management, Mathematics, Software Engineering, Object Oriented Programming using C++, Visual Basic, Programming using PHP, JAVA, Oracle, Operating Systems, Web Scripting and Development, etc.
The course curriculum of BCA is somewhat similar to the course as Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech).
Before planning for any examination it is very important to check out some basic but important points. One of the most important point before applying any course is the eligibility. It needs to be checked whether the candidate is eligible for appearing for the desired course or not. The students who are interested in BCA as their higher studies must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- Candidate Should be a citizen of India.
- Candidate must have passed class 12thor senior secondary examination with at least 50% marks including English.
- The 12th examination must be passed/Appearing with mathematics as a compulsory subject.
- The minimum age limit is 17 years and the maximum age varies between 22-25 years.
- The students are generally admitted on the basis of personal interview and written examination conducted by various institutes/universities.
- Some institutes/universities admit a student on merit basis.
- The merit is prepared on the basis of candidate’s performance in the qualifying examination (12th).
Mostly, the admission to BCA course is done through the entrance test. Various Universities/Institutions conduct its own entrance exam for granting admission to their colleges. Some colleges provide admission on the basis of merit prepared by the score of qualifying examination (12th).
Jobs & Career
The demand of IT professionals is increasing not only in India but also in abroad. After the completion of the course, the student can find a job in reputed IT companies like IBM, Oracle, Infosys, and Google. The student can work as a system engineer, junior programmer, web developer or as a system administrator. This field provides you ample opportunities to make your career not only in private sector but also in the public sector. The government organization like NIC, Indian Army, Indian Air Force and India Navy also recruit large number of computer professionals for their IT department. After the completion of the course a student’s work profile may include:
System engineer in the top companies like Infosys, Wipro, hp, Google.
- A system engineer develop, test and evaluate software, circuits and personal computer.
Programmer in various software development firms.
- The duty of programmer is to write code for software. A programmer is primarily works in the computer language such as Assembly, COBOL, C, C++, C#, Java, Lisp, Python, etc.
Web developer in various web designing companies and online digital marketing companies.
System Administrator in an organization including a bank, school or college.
- A System administrator is responsible for setting up and maintaining the system or server.
Software developer in the companies like Microsoft, Google, face book.
- The sole responsibility of software developer is to develop software that ease the tasks of the people and enable to perform work efficiently. A software developer also installs, test and maintains the software.
A number of top recruiters look for the fresher degree holders for offering opportunity of work with. BCA is one of the demanding courses under the IT sector. Here, we have listed the prestigious companies that recruits BCA graduates:
- Tech Mahindra
- Hexaware Technologies Ltd.
Pay package for BCA graduates
The IT field is one of the highest paying fields for a fresher. A computer professional working in a big MNC can easily get an initial package of Rs. 25,000 to Rs. 40,000 per month. Some IT giants like Google, Microsoft, Oracle, Face book pays even a six figure salary to a fresh graduate.
Visit Our Institute
Contacts Us: +91 8422966604
Email At: email@example.com
Head Office: B-103, Laxmi Shpooing Centre, First Floor, Hirachand Desai Marg, Near New Post Office, Ghatkopar (W), Mumbai 400 086.
Malad Branch: 203 Banarasi Heritage, Near Rustamjee Elanza, mindspace, Malad (W), Mumbai 400 064.
Belapur Branch: Office No. 219, NBC Complex, Plot No.43, Sector-11,CBD Belapur, Navi Mumbai.